I work with a lot of women regarding jewelry. Occasionally I meet someone who says she doesn’t really wear jewelry. What? How can that be? That’s like baking a cake and not frosting it or setting your dining room table without any flowers. Jewelry really is the finishing touch to your outfit. There are so many reasons to wear jewelry.
And on that note, here are my top 8 reasons why every woman should wear jewelry:
- Makes your outfit look finished; you look put together and well dressed. When you buy clothing off the rack, the way that you can claim a dress, blouse or look, and really make it your style is to add jewelry!
- Reflection of your personal taste – you can share any or all of the following through jewelry: your favorite color or stone, wear a token from a loved one or a special trip, flatter a physical feature that you want to emphasize, for example wearing gold tone jewelry to compliment your blonde hair.
- Personalizes your outfit – Jewelry is the easiest way to put your own signature on a blouse or dress. How about your new dress from J. Crew? Want to really make it your own? Again, add some jewelry!
- Can enhance your figure – That’s right! Jewelry is a pretty powerful accessory! Want to look taller and slimmer? Add a necklace that drops in a V or Y shape, like a lariat style. Is your body shaped a pear? Use a brooch or 2 near your collar on your shoulder to pull the eye up, to your face. It will help balance your figure.
- Can enhance your face – Jewelry can trick the eye here too creating balance, and contrast to be flattering to your face. For example, if you have a full, round shaped face, a vertical style earring will help slim your face and counter the round shape.
- Can update your whole style and wardrobe – Jewelry is one of the easiest ways to update your wardrobe especially if you like to stick with classic clothing. It’s a great way to be trendy, and embrace the latest “it” item, whether it’s a neon colored statement necklace or an over sized cocktail ring. And if you really want to get on board with the latest trendy color or vibe of the season, check out the jewelry section of your favorite store! It’s pretty easy these days with the internet to find very similar jewelry at high and low price points. So, just figure out your budget, and get the best looking trend jewelry you can afford.
- Pivots your outfit from day to night – Here’s one of the keys to having a assortment of jewelry! One of the easiest ways to elevate a business dress, suit or blouse from day time to night time is jewelry! Change out your pearls, for a dramatic, drop earring, an awesome, layered statement necklace or add a few dressy bangles to your arm party.
- Jewelry is a good investment. Dollar for dollar you can really get a lot of mileage out of jewelry. Most likely you wouldn’t wear the same blouse every day, but you can wear the same necklace every day. And depending on the quality and style of jewelry, you can wear it for years. Even pass it on to daughters or others to enjoy!
- Bonus!! Because it sparkles, creates a focal point and makes you feel beautiful/pretty and more confident!
Want more styling tips? Check out the Shopping & Style section of my website here. Or better yet, join the Susan Jane email list and get exclusive offers, top jewelry trends and cool tips that help you look beautiful and make the most of your jewelry! It’s free and easy to sign up!
Want to shop the vintage jewelry collection? Click here!
Be sure and share this list with your friends!
Have a great day!