Susan McDonald helps women achieve their professional and personal goals by leveraging wardrobe and personal style. Get the job offer, land the second date or close the big business deal when you look good, feel good, confident, chic and put together.
Change your style. Change your life.
With over 25 years in retail merchandising, buying, product development and sales she has helped thousands of women look and feel their best with clothing, accessories, wardrobe and home decor strategies. Luxury brands she has worked for include Neiman Marcus, David Yurman, Bloomingdale’s, Burberry, Kate Spade, Gump’s, Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Henri Bendel and Macy’s. All this experience has been a fantastic foundation for helping women understand the power of looking their best to live their best life. A life long sewing enthusiast, she knows a lot about well made clothing and the importance of quality fabrics, fit and styling pieces. She’s read all the books on personal style, curating a wardrobe that reflects who you are, closet organization and shopping strategies so you can look and feel your best, every day.
I want you to feel like a million bucks at your next big meeting, latest reinvention or when you run out for coffee tomorrow morning. Feeling good about how you present youself to the world is a form of self care. It’s a tool and a fabulous mood boost that everyone can use.
I am especially interested in serving and empowering 45+ women. There is a stigma that 45+ women are over the hill, and irrelevant. Along with other women, I’ve experienced age discrimination in applying for jobs or working the room at networking events.
I believe that women 45+ have lots to offer and contribute to their communities, businesses, and families. They are smart, experienced, techologically savvy, and relevant. So if you believe in the power and relavance of 45+ women, I’m am thrilled to have you here.
Some fun facts about Susan McDonald
- In 2004 she designed one of kind bracelets using vintage jewelry bits, baubles and single earrings. The collection was featured on the cover of the San Francisco Chronicle’s Fall Fashion Magazine insert and picked up by Kate Spade and sold at all the Kate Spade stores in the US and Japan.
- She spent 12 years working in retail sales, assisting thousands of women with wardrobe, accessories and styling. She’s worked with one of the most in demand, personal shoppers in the world, who’s clients include the rich and famous.
- Loves thrift store shopping and collects cookbooks, vintage cocktail glasses, jewelry and home decor.
- She enjoys classic movies and film noir. Her favorites include Sunset Boulevard, Funny Face, Some Like It Hot, Double Indemnity, Detour and anything by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Obsessed with the HGTV show Flea Market Flip.